return to Suzy's Place

go back

recJul98.gif (966 bytes)

Margaret, my mother in-law, makes this for kids both big and small


1 large Mars bar, cut into pieces
50 grams of butter
3 cups of rice bubbles
1 cup of raisins


Melt the Mars bar and butter in the microwave or a pot on the stove. Gently stir in the rice bubbles and raisins. Press the mixture into a sponge roll tin that has been lined with paper. Put it in the fridge and leave it to set then get an adult to cut it into treat-sized pieces.


It will need to stay in a container in the fridge otherwise it will begin to melt. For a special treat you can melt 150grams of cooking chocolate (following the instructions on the packet) and spread it over the top of the Mars Bar slice. Then sprinkle on some hundreds and thousands or chopped nuts and leave to set.