This is a
favourite easy Sunday night meal for Grace’s family
Left over cooked mince and left over pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 500grams of lean mince
- Salt and pepper (to your taste)
- 1 cup of finely chopped celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 x 400gram tin of tomatoes
- ¼ cup of water
- 200grams of spiral pasta
- 2 eggs
- ¾ of a cup of grated tasty cheese
- 250grams of cottage cheese
Cook the onion in a little oil until softened. Add the garlic and
mince, and cook, stirring the mixture regularly, until the
meat has broken up and is no longer pink. Add the seasonings,
herbs and celery, then stir in the tomatoes and water.
Put the lid on the pot and
let the mixture simmer for 35 minutes until most of the liquid has
reduced. Cook pasta in boiling salted water until it is just
cooked. Drain the
pasta and then add it to the mince.
Pour the mince and pasta mixture into a casserole dish.
Serve with your favourite
vegetables or a salad.